Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Four Seasons of Worship

If you were to ask me my purpose I'd say, "To create experiences and places where people can meet with God." Luckily, the job I get paid for allows, encourages and requires me to do that. 

As the Program Manager at a camp I get to provide camps and retreats where people get away from their everyday mundane and come to experience God. I spend a lot of time running around, solving problems, flexing schedules, directing staff, answering questions and working 12-16 hour days. It's hard and exhausting. 

But then the session starts. I finish the announcements, set down my game props and take off my microphone to sit in the sound booth and watch. 

And then it's rewarding, encouraging and inspiring. 

... when 9-13 year olds run in circles, hold hands, do silly motions and put their arms around their friends, entering as children of God. 

... when 300 women sing in unison and it's like being in a choir of angels

...when teenagers pump their fists, close their eyes and maybe even raise their hands and it's like being at a rock concert celebrating the best artist of all time.

.... when 200 men lift their voices and the sound is deep, loud, rough and raw.





And that's why I do it. And that's why it's worth it.

So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot.            Ecclesiastes 3:22

No comments :

Post a Comment