Sunday, March 10, 2013

And That's Where It All Began...

How do you start something? I'm not sure. This is the third time I've tried so in an effort to be real I'll just tell you. It's awkward! 

Post #1. The beginning. Start of the road. Mile marker 0. Whatever you call it strap on your boots, high heels, running shoes or footwear of choice (mine would be my faithful Chacos) and settle in. 

I used to Xanga. Anyone remember xanga? I just looked up my old username and it's still embarrassing there! I'm going to plead the fifth and not share the link. 

So why blog now? That's a question I've been asking myself for about 6 months, ever since I stumbled on this little community called SheReadsTruth, a Bible reading plan and encouragement community online and Twitter. Through the site I was introduced to a few blogs by some Christ-lovin', life-sharin' women that I've been creeping reading ever since. It's scary to put yourself out there and I might not be good at this whole blog deal but here are a few reasons I've decided to try it. 

Story
God's given me a unique journey and a story that only I can tell. I may be biased but I think it's a pretty good one. As a 20-something I'm constantly learning, growing and discovering who I'm supposed to be. Some people say I talk a lot, I say I verbally process. So here's to typingly (new word?) processing!


Inspiration 
When I started reading blogs I found a whole community of people exploring their gifts and talents and desiring to encourage others. I've been inspired to regularly and continually read my Bible, to pray for my husband, to get on track to being healthy, to try new hairstyles and outfits, to write notes of encouragement and to craft. On Adventure Way is the place where I can capture and explore these ventures. 


Community
Like I said, I've been blog looking for a while and I'm ready to connect. To have conversations and discussions with people who share the same interests as I do. It seems to me like the blog-world has a lot of people with the same desire. Maybe we won't ever borrow cups of sugar or share a real-life coffee but maybe we can touch hearts just a little. 

So there it is. Whew! I know nothing about this blogging stuff. I guess you could add some of those reasons. I have never been  a good hobby person, I'm looking for a hobby. I am fascinated by fonts and graphic design and want to play around with that. I may get overwhelmed by code, lingo, buttons and small print but that's ok. I tend to hold myself to high standards, it's hard to even post this without having the perfect pictures, fonts and headings all in place. If there's one thing I'm learning it's that rarely does everything ever fall perfectly into place. 



On my very first (but not last) backpacking trip with hubby. Every journey starts with one small step and I just took one. 

No comments :

Post a Comment