Thursday, September 19, 2013

Goodbye Sweet Summer

Sometimes I forget to enjoy June and July.

When 40 college students and 200 kids are looking to you that tends to happen.

But August and September... those are my months!

As the days get shorter and night comes quicker, as the leaves start changing and I'm more likely to grab hot chocolate than cold lemonade I try to capture those last few summer moments.

A bike trip to watch the sunset. 


Climbing the sand dunes to watch the dune buggies say goodnight.



Breakfast on the porch and quiet time by the lake.



Fresh tomatoes, peaches and summer fruit picked by hand. 



Soon it will be fall. And I will be so happy. Bring it on Pumpkin Spice Latte! (Actually, it's already been broughten. Twice.)

But for now I'll grab those last few summer rays. Thanks, summer, it's been a good one.

No comments :

Post a Comment